Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Book Page Garland

I was hoping to get better pictures before posting this, but that's not going to happen, so here you go. I pulled out some pages from a book I'm getting ready to alter, and spent about half an hour watching tv and cutting out leaf shapes.

IMG_4667

 I did a water color wash in fall colors, on about 1/5 of the leaves.

IMG_4668

I cut some thin paddle wire, (found in the floral department,) into 12 inch lengths and taped one to the back of each leaf.

IMG_4672

Then I started twisting the leaves together one by one, like you'd make a traditional greenery garland. How to HERE.

IMG_4671

Enjoy!

IMG_0063

3 comments:

Emily Wedin said...

I think that is so adorable and creative! You truly are crafty! i just started a craft blog too it is not so good but I'm working on it! http://123craftswithme.blogspot.ca/

burçin şahin said...

www.hamarathatunum.com

onlinephduk said...

Your idea is cute and crafty. As much as I love how this looks I just don’t think that I could willingly rip pages out of a book. That might be because I never buy a book that I will want to say goodbye to.

Please visit My Webblog: PhD by Publication