Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alarm Clock Turned Picture Frame.

I love clocks. I don't know why, but it seems I can't pass up a vintage clock, working or not, while I'm out at garage sales. I come across broken alarm clocks all the time and I've never paid more than $1 for them, but what do you do with a broken clock?
Turn it into a picture frame.
First you take your alarm clock apart. Unscrew all the screws and remove the insides. This can be a bit like a puzzle, but with a some patience and some tiny screw drivers, you'll end up with a clock that looks like this. (Sorry I don't have any before photos, I often get so excited about a project I forget to take pictures.)

Photobucket

Next , find a photo or picture you like. Take the glass face from the clock and use it as a template to trim your picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Make sure the glass is clean, and reassemble your clock, (leaving out the clock mechanism.) You now have a one of a kind picture frame!

Photobucket


*Don't forget to enter my $60 giveaway!*

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!! New mission - find vintage clock!! Commencing...NOW!

O family said...

I love this!!! How cute and simple.

Kelli said...

Wow o Wow!! What a great idea!

~Kelli @ Smidgens

Jessica said...

Aw, a one-of-a-kind frame with a picture of my little girl!

GirlSunday said...

what a great idea! I love it!

Ash-a-bash said...

Such a wonderful idea! The theme in our living room is time...I will definitely have to find a clock now! Thanks for sharing!

Moo said...

How cute is that!

radioactivegan said...

that is so cute! i'm going to keep my eyes peeled for some interesting table clocks

My Mad World said...

What a cute idea!!!! So simple, love it!

Greta Adams said...

What !a great idea

Unknown said...

I'm a clock lover, too...one in every room.

This idea is a must-have.

Unknown said...

Such a great idea. I have 2 broken clocks at home that I have been wondering if I should just replace the mechanism in them. But that could be $20 to replace a $5 clock. I am going to give this a try.