Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crafty Cakestand

This is so easy and inexpensive to create, and makes a great Christmas present.

Take an old tarnished candlestick, (these are easy to find in thrift stores as nobody likes to polish silver or brass,) and spray paint it.

Photobucket

Find a pretty plate, also easy to find while thrifting, and get some silicone glue, or e6000 glue. DO NOT use hot glue, it won't hold.
Put a ring of glue around the top of the candlestick then center it on the face down plate. Let it dry 24 hours before moving.

Voila! A pretty cake stand to hold all manner of treats!
Photobucket

16 comments:

TreBeck said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing it.

HopiQ said...

Very cute!

c.g. said...

Wonderful!

Thanks!

Atelier Ullizee said...

I like this idea very much, it's just great!

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Very cute! I am thinking about making one of these for my mom for her birthday in December, she adorable cakes, and should have an equally adorable cake stand to put them on, shouldn't she?!?

Unknown said...

BRILLIANT!

Tiffany said...

I love this simple idea...a perfect gift idea. I will be linking from mypetitepurse.blogspot.com


thanks!

xuanshine said...

awesome, i love cake stands, but i don't want to purchase any because i'm afraid they'll break in our many transoceanic moves! this takes some of the expense out and makes unique piece of serveware.

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

I'd appreciate your letting me know if that's OK.

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

warmastoast said...

simple genius- off to the charity shop i go!

Amy @ A Place in This World said...

I'm linking to you on my blog! Have to make one of these!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I love seeing old, throw-away items being repurposed into something so lovely!

Anonymous said...

Your idea is lovely. I would like to ask you though, viola is the french Voila?

Katrina said...

As I am completely dissatisfied with the one blah cakestand we have, this is being added to my 'to do' list. Lovely.

Dorothee-Maria said...

So simple.
So AWESOME!
Wonderful.

Samantha Beata said...

This is brilliant! I am going to do this for the 5 antique-inspired cake trays I need for my wedding!