Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Paperbag Book Tutorial

Supplies needed:

Lunchbags, stapler, glue stick, paper trimmer, scissors, glue dots, decorative paper, ephemera.

For a six page book, use 3 paperbags. Alternate the opening of the bags and stack them on top of each other.



Fold the bags in half.




Now you can pull out your sewing machine and sew up the middle, or do it the fast and speedy way and staple the center. I like fast and speedy.



Pull out all your collage and scrapbook supplies. This is where the fun begins.




I cut a piece of decorative paper to cover the spine of the book and glue it on with a glue stick. I've tied riboons around the spine on this book. You can also punch holes and thread yarn and ribbons through.
Now you can turn this into anything you want. I mailed cds to a friend using the bag openings to hold the cds. You can use this as a photo book, an art book, keep recipes or decorating ideas in it. Whatever you want!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, I have something very similiar I was going to make for Addison's first birthday!

Wendi said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. You have great ideas!

Saucy said...

We love making paper bag books! Good idea for a tutorial.