Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Very Merry Wine Bottle Christmas Tree

This is a guest post with writing and photography by my daughter, Megan, from http://imperrfections.blogspot.com


These are photos of the ridiculously awesome Christmas tree my mom built several years ago.

Because she's allergic to pine as well as plastic artificial trees (as a result of her MCS), she wanted to come up with something to replace her traditional tree and so she developed and constructed her very own glass wine bottle tree.

Wine Bottle Christmas Tree



It consists of a 4x4 wooden fence post, wooden dowels, 64 wine bottles (most given to her by a local wine shop), 13 beer bottles, ornaments, paper snowflake garland, Christmas lights, and a vintage lace table cloth for the tree skirt.

It is beyond cool.

week2


Wine Bottle Christmas Tree


Wine Bottle Christmas Tree


Wine Bottle Christmas Tree


Wine Bottle Christmas Tree


Wine Bottle Christmas Tree


Wine Bottle Christmas Tree



Now, I'm not sure if she was the first to invent this, all I know is she had never seen one before and came up with the idea back in 2007. After I blogged a photo of it that year we started seeing other versions pop up online (there is a very beautiful and huge version at Gaylord Texan Resort)

9 comments:

Hilary said...

That's fabulous! I like a glass of wine or two, now I know what to do with my empties!

Karo Moncada said...

Wow!! Super original, que lindo blog, ojala puedas visitar el mio.

Kathryn said...

I had never seen anything like it before - great idea!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

aww i just found your blog! supper awesome! cant wait to see more:)
hope you like my New Blog and Parties:)
-Keren

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!


----
Enter my jewelry giveaway!

http://missneira.blogspot.com/2010/01/perpetual-anastasia-jewelry-giveway.html

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this, another excuse to drink wine!

kanishk said...

! I like a glass of wine or two
free internet jobs

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dekorr said...

One of the my favorite place for Christmas shopping of Artificial trees or plants.